- Eligibility: This Contest is open to legal U.S. residents residing in one of the 50 United States or District of Columbia and legal residents of Canada (excluding the Province of Québec) who are 18 years of age or older at time of entry. This Contest is sponsored by RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC (“Sponsor”), the publisher of Taste of Home. Employees, officers and directors of Sponsor and its parent companies, affiliates, subsidiary companies, judging agents and promotion partners, and their immediate families (parents, children, siblings, spouse) or members of the same household (whether related or not) of such employees/officers/directors are not eligible to participate. Contest is void where prohibited by law or otherwise regulated.
- How To Enter: Contest entry begins at 9:00am Central Time on January 1, 2021 and ends at 3:00pm Central Time on January 31, 2021 (the “Deadline Date”). To enter visit http://stage.tasteofhome.com/contests and follow the instructions. All entries must include your full name, address, city, state/province, zip/postal code, telephone number and email address. Entries submitted in geographic areas in which the entry is not permissible will be disqualified. If entries do not contain all necessary information, entrant will be disqualified. Please be certain to follow all directions. Sponsor is the official timekeeper for this Contest. In the event the Contest is entered via a mobile device, Message and Data charges may apply.
Entrants will be able to submit one photograph of decorated vanilla cupcakes. Digital photos should be a maximum size of 5MB, and 300 DPI; 72 DPI is fine. Limit one entry per person.
All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Each submission must be the original work of entrant and must not infringe the copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity or other rights of any person or entity. By submitting an entry for this Contest, you grant Sponsor, its parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners and licensees all right, title and interest in the submitted entry which includes the right to publish your photo and any other information provided worldwide in all print and electronic media (now or hereafter existing) without time limitation, and the right to include your name and hometown (e.g., city and state) in connection therewith. Sponsor reserves the right to crop, edit, modify, translate, reproduce and distribute the submitted material in any medium and in any manner as it deems appropriate. Sponsor may contact you via phone or email regarding your submission.
- Judging: All entries must meet the Contest requirements. Taste of Home staff will review entries prior to posting to the contest. All eligible entries will be posted. One winner will be selected during the public voting period, which immediately follows the entry period.
Voting for Winners: To vote electronically, anyone with an email address may go to stage.tasteofhome.com/contests and vote in accordance with the Voting Terms and Conditions for this Contest. The public voting period will be held beginning on or about February 1, 2021, and ending on February 7, 2021. Users should log onto stage.tasteofhome.com/contests to vote. Taste of Home editors will select a winner from the top five vote-getters. The winner will be selected based on originality (25%), creativity (25%), execution (25%), and technique (25%). In the event of a tie, the one determined to be the most creative by a vote of the Taste of Home editors will win. Limit one vote per person during the voting period. In the event of technical difficulties, voting dates are subject to change without notice.
- Winners and Prizes: One winner will be selected and will receive $100. The prize is not transferable and cannot be substituted or assigned by the winner, unless prohibited by law. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a similar prize of equal or greater value in the event that the stated prize cannot be awarded for any reason. All taxes, if any, are the responsibility of the winner. Sponsor will not be responsible for any loss, liability or damage arising out of the acceptance or use of any prize(s). The prize is guaranteed to be awarded, assuming a sufficient number of qualifying entries is received and meet the minimum judging criteria. The total approximate retail value of all prizes in this Contest is $100.00.
- Selection of Winners: A winner will be determined and notified on or about February 9, 2021 by regular mail and/or email. The winner will be required to execute a Statement of Eligibility, Release and Payment Authorization within 30 days of prize notification attempt or be disqualified and prize may be awarded to an alternate winner. In the event the winner is a minor in his or her place of residence, all required documentation must be signed by parent or legal guardian. Return of prize or prize notification as undeliverable will result in disqualification and an alternate may be selected. Entry and/or acceptance of prize(s) constitutes permission for the Sponsor and its affiliates, agencies and licensees (if any) to use the entrant’s name, hometown (e.g., city and state) and/or likeness for advertising and trade purposes without further compensation or authorization, worldwide and in perpetuity, in any and all forms of media, now known and hereafter devised, unless prohibited by law.
In the event that two similar entries are received, only the entry judged to best meet criteria as set by Sponsor will be included in the final judging. Entrants agree to indemnify Sponsor, its affiliated and subsidiary companies from and against any and all claims and liabilities arising out of or in connection with this Contest. In the event of any dispute regarding the identity of an entrant who submitted an online entry, the authorized account holder of the email address used for the entry at the time of entry will be deemed the entrant. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g. business, educational institute) that is responsible for assigning email address for the domain associated with the submitted email address. Any potential winner may be requested to provide Sponsor with proof that such winner is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the winning entry. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the operation of the website or the entry process.
- No Recourse to Judicial or Other Procedures/Severability: To the extent permitted by law, the rights to litigate, to seek injunctive relief or to make any other recourse to judicial or any other procedure in case of disputes or claims resulting from or in connection with this Contest are hereby excluded, and any entrant expressly waives any and all such rights. In the event that a court of competent jurisdiction finds the foregoing waiver unenforceable, entrants hereby consent to the jurisdiction and venue residing exclusively within the federal or state courts sitting in Milwaukee County in the State of Wisconsin and agree that any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. Entrants agree that these Official Rules are governed by the laws of the State of Wisconsin, without reference to principles of conflicts of law. If any provision(s) of these Official Rules are held to be invalid or unenforceable, all remaining provisions hereof will remain in full force and effect.
- Anticipated Number of Entrants: The total number of entrants anticipated nationwide is 200.
- Winners’ List/Consumer Information: If you do not want to receive future sweepstakes or skill contest postal mailings from Sponsor, specify your request and write to: Taste of Home Cupcake Decorating Photo Contest (#251) Mailing List, P.O. Box 3125, Harlan, Iowa 51593-0191. To receive a list of winners, write Taste of Home Cupcake Decorating Photo Contest (#251) Winner List, P.O. Box 50005, Prescott, Arizona 86301-5005. Winners’ list request must be received within one year of the Deadline Date.
|Taste of Home Vanilla Bean Cupcake Decorating Photo Contest (#251) Prizes|
Number of Prizes
Anticipated Number of Entries
Final Closing Date
|*Depends on the number of eligible entries received.|
YOU HAVE NOT YET WON.
No one will know who the winner is until after the Contest ends. Final Closing Date is the last date entries are accepted. See Official Rules for details.
ENTRY IS FREE.
BUYING WON’T HELP YOU WIN.
Your chances of winning without a purchase are just as good as the chances of someone who buys something.
VOTING TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The public will be provided with the opportunity to visit stage.tasteofhome.com/contests (the “Site”) for public voting. The public will be asked to select his/her favorite entry to determine the top five (5) submissions. The public voting period will be held beginning on 12:01am Central Time February 1, 2021, and ending on or about 11:59pm Central Time February 7, 2021. Users should log onto stage.tasteofhome.com/contests to vote. Taste of Home editors will select a winner from the top five (5) vote-getters. The winner will be selected based on originality (25%), creativity (25%), execution (25%), and technique (25%). Limit one vote per person during the voting period. In the event of technical difficulties, voting dates are subject to change without notice. Votes must be entered manually. Entrants are prohibited from obtaining votes by any fraudulent or inappropriate means, including, without limitation, paying for votes, offering sweepstakes/contest entries, awards or other inducements or any kind of consideration to persons in exchange for votes, or as determined by RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC (“Sponsor”) in its sole discretion. Votes generated by script, macro or other automated means or which subvert or impair the integrity of the voting process, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, will be void. Any attempt by Entrant and/or his/her family/friends or any other individual to vote using any fraudulent mechanism, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, shall give Sponsor the right to void the votes in question and/or disqualify the Entrant in its sole discretion. Voting must be completed by the actual person casting the vote. A person may not vote on behalf of another person. Multiple votes by one person will be disqualified. Voters must follow instructions on Site to submit their votes. Sponsor and its parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, consultants, agents, participating advertising and promotion agencies and suppliers, and the respective officers, directors, shareholders, employees, agents and representatives of the foregoing (collectively, “Released Parties”) are not responsible for incorrect/inaccurate voting information. Released Parties assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, votes. Released Parties are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or telephone lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any vote to be cast or tabulated on account of technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the Internet or at a website, or any combination thereof or for any other reason, or for any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participation in voting process or downloading any materials. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE VOTING PROCESS OR THE COMPETITION IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, terminate, or suspend the voting or void any vote should a virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, action of Entrant or voter, or other cause corrupt or impair the administration, security, or fairness of the voting. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual they find to be violating these terms, tampering with the voting process, or acting in an unsportsmanlike or improper manner and void all associated votes. If the voting process is terminated early by Sponsor, Sponsor reserves the right to count the eligible votes among all non-suspect, eligible votes received up to time of cancellation, or not count the votes and simply base the winning entries on the judging criteria outlined in the Contest official rules. The decision of the Sponsor with respect to the tallying of votes, and the invalidation or disqualification of any suspected votes, shall be in its sole discretion and final and binding.