- Eligibility: The Taste of Home Most Innovative Recipe of the Year Contest 2021 (#254) (the “Contest”) is sponsored by RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC (“Sponsor”), the publisher of Taste of Home. Recipes from 12 contributors, who are 18 years of age or older at time of entry residing in the U.S. or Canada excluding the Province of Québec, have been selected by Sponsor to compete in this Contest. Employees, officers and directors of Sponsor and its parent companies, affiliates, subsidiary companies, judging agents and promotion partners, and their immediate families (parents, children, siblings, spouse) or members of the same household (whether related or not) of such employees/officers/directors are not eligible to participate. Contest is void in the Province of Québec and where prohibited by law or otherwise regulated.
- Finalists: Contest finalists were selected by a panel of Taste of Home food experts from top-rated new recipes submitted to Sponsor during the period of April 1, 2020 to March 31, 2021. Each finalist recipe must be the original work of entrant and not infringe the copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity or other intellectual property rights of any person or entity. Sponsor reserves the right to edit, modify, translate, reproduce and distribute the submitted recipe in any medium and in any manner as it deems appropriate. Sponsor may test selected recipes and reserves the right to alter them as it deems appropriate.
- Judging: The winner of the Contest will be determined by a panel of Taste of Home food experts judging qualifying submissions based on the following criteria:
- General appeal: 60%
- The panel will decide on each recipe’s general appeal, considering: Does this recipe taste great with every bite? Does it have mass appeal? Would you want to make this recipe over and over again based on taste alone? Does it contain interesting, yet gratifying flavor combinations?
- Public voting: 20%
- The public will have the opportunity to vote for their favorite of the 12 recipes in accordance with the voting terms and conditions for this Contest.
- Web traffic: 10%
- The panel will consider how many online visits to TasteofHome.com the recipe generated.
- Ratings/reviews: 10%
- The panel will consider user ratings and reviews, including: How did the Taste of Home audience rate and review this recipe online? Did it taste great? Were the instructions easy to follow? Did the recipe yield the desired result?
All entries will be judged using the criteria stated above. In the event of a tie, the highest score in the general appeal criterion will determine the winner. All judging will be accomplished by a panel of Taste of Home food experts. Decision of the judges is final and binding on all matters relating to this Contest.
- Winner and Prize: One winner will be selected in this Contest. The winner will receive as the prize a payment of one hundred dollars ($100). The prize is not transferable and cannot be substituted or assigned by the winner, unless prohibited by law. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a similar prize of equal or greater value in the event that the stated prize cannot be awarded for any reason. All taxes, if any, are the winner’s responsibility. Sponsor will not be responsible for any loss, liability or damage arising out of the winner’s acceptance or use of the prize. A prize is guaranteed to be awarded. This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook or any other social media platform.
- Selection of Winner: Winner will be determined and notified on or about August 30, 2021, by email. Winner may be required to execute a Statement of Eligibility and Release and Payment Authorization within 30 days of prize notification attempt or winner will be disqualified and prize may be awarded to an alternate winner. In the event winner is a minor in his or her place of residence, all required documentation must be signed by parent or legal guardian. Return of prize or prize notification as undeliverable will result in disqualification and an alternate winner may be selected. Entry and/or acceptance of prize(s) constitutes permission for the Sponsor, its parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates, promotion partners, social media platforms (including but not limited to Facebook), agencies and licensees (the “Promotion Entities”) unrestricted use of the submitted entry, which includes the right to publish the submitted recipe and any other information provided worldwide in all print and electronic media (now or hereafter existing) without time limitation, and the right to use the entrant’s name, hometown (e.g., city and state) and/or likeness in connection therewith and the right to use the entrant’s name, hometown (e.g., city and state) and/or likeness in connection therewith and for advertising and trade purposes without further compensation or authorization, worldwide and in perpetuity, in any and all forms of media, now known and hereafter devised, unless prohibited by law.
- No Recourse to Judicial or Other Procedures/Severability: To the extent permitted by law, the rights to litigate, to seek injunctive relief or to make any other recourse to judicial or any other procedure in case of disputes or claims resulting from or in connection with this Contest are hereby excluded, and any entrant expressly waives any and all such rights. In the event that a court of competent jurisdiction finds the foregoing waiver unenforceable, entrants hereby consent to the jurisdiction and venue residing exclusively within the federal or state courts sitting in Milwaukee County in the State of Wisconsin, U.S.A. and agree that any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. Entrants agree that these Official Rules are governed by the laws of the State of Wisconsin, U.S.A., without reference to principles of conflicts of law. If any provision(s) of these Official Rules are held to be invalid or unenforceable, all remaining provisions hereof will remain in full force and effect.
- Anticipated Number of Entrants: The total number of entrants in this Contest is 12.
- Consumer Information and Winner List: If you do not wish to receive future sweepstakes or skill contest postal mailings from Sponsor, specify your request in writing to Taste of Home Most Innovative Recipe of the Year Contest 2021 (#254) Mailing List, PO Box 3125, Harlan, Iowa 51593-0191. To receive a list of winners, write to Taste of Home Most Innovative Recipe of the Year Contest 2021 (#254) Winners List, PO Box 3063, Harlan, Iowa 51593-0127. Request for winner list must be received by August 31, 2022.
|Taste of Home Most Innovative Recipe of the Year Contest 2021 (#254)
|Retail Value||Number of Prizes||Number of Entries||End of Voting Period|
|Prize Payment||US$100||1||12||August 23, 2021|
YOU HAVE NOT YET WON.
No one will know who the winner is until after the Contest ends. End of Voting Period is the last date votes from the public are accepted. See Official Rules and Voting Terms and Conditions for details.
ENTRY IS FREE.
BUYING WON’T HELP YOU WIN.
VOTING TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The public will be provided with the opportunity to visit stage.tasteofhome.com/contests (the “Site”) for public voting. The public will be asked to select his/her favorite entry to help determine the winner. The public voting period will be held beginning on 12:01am Central Time August 9, 2021, and ending on or about 11:59pm Central Time August 23, 2021. Users should log onto stage.tasteofhome.com/contests to vote. The winner will be selected based on judging criteria outlined in the official rules for this Context. Limit one vote per person per day during the voting period. In the event of technical difficulties, voting dates are subject to change without notice. Votes must be entered manually. Entrants are prohibited from obtaining votes by any fraudulent or inappropriate means, including, without limitation, paying for votes, offering sweepstakes/contest entries, awards or other inducements or any kind of consideration to persons in exchange for votes, or as determined by RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC (“Sponsor”) in its sole discretion. Votes generated by script, macro or other automated means or which subvert or impair the integrity of the voting process, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, will be void. Any attempt by Entrant and/or his/her family/friends or any other individual to vote using any fraudulent mechanism, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, shall give Sponsor the right to void the votes in question and/or disqualify the Entrant in its sole discretion. Voting must be completed by the actual person casting the vote. A person may not vote on behalf of another person. Voters must follow instructions on Site to submit their votes. Sponsor and its parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, consultants, agents, participating advertising and promotion agencies and suppliers, and the respective officers, directors, shareholders, employees, agents and representatives of the foregoing (collectively, “Released Parties”) are not responsible for incorrect/inaccurate voting information. Released Parties assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, votes. Released Parties are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or telephone lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any vote to be cast or tabulated on account of technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the Internet or at a website, or any combination thereof or for any other reason, or for any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participation in voting process or downloading any materials. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE VOTING PROCESS OR THE COMPETITION IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, terminate, or suspend the voting or void any vote should a virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, action of Entrant or voter, or other cause corrupt or impair the administration, security, or fairness of the voting. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual they find to be violating these terms, tampering with the voting process, or acting in an unsportsmanlike or improper manner and void all associated votes. If the voting process is terminated early by Sponsor, Sponsor reserves the right to count the eligible votes among all non-suspect, eligible votes received up to time of cancellation, or not count the votes and simply base the winning entries on the judging criteria outlined in the Contest official rules. The decision of the Sponsor with respect to the tallying of votes, and the invalidation or disqualification of any suspected votes, shall be in its sole discretion and final and binding.