Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 1 Anaheim pepper
- 3 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 2 cups shredded pepper jack cheese, divided
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 cans (10 ounces each) enchilada sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 6 large zucchini (about 4 pounds)
- Cut pepper lengthwise in half; remove stems and seeds. Place pepper on a foil-lined baking sheet, skin side up. Broil 4 in. from heat until skins blister, about 5 minutes. Immediately place pepper in a small bowl; let stand, covered, 20 minutes. Reduce oven setting to 350°.
- Peel off and discard charred skin; finely chop pepper and place in a large bowl. Add chicken, 1 cup pepper jack cheese, cream cheese, green onion and pepper sauce. In a small bowl combine enchilada sauce and tomato paste, set aside.
- Slice zucchini lengthwise into 32 1/8-in.-thick slices. Place zucchini slices in an ungreased 13x9 microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 2 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain well on paper towels and set aside.
- Spread half of the sauce mixture into a 13x9 baking dish; set aside. Layer 4 slices of zucchini, slightly overlapping. Place 1/3 cup of chicken mixture off center on top. Roll up zucchini starting with the short side, and place into the prepared dish, seam side down. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Top with remaining sauce and cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, until heated through, 35-40 minutes.
2 enchiladas: 590 calories, 33g fat (18g saturated fat), 169mg cholesterol, 957mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 5g fiber), 53g protein.