- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 medium zucchini, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef with onion and pepper over medium-high heat until no longer pink, 5-7 minutes; crumble beef; drain.
- Stir in vegetables, seasonings, water and rice; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, until rice is tender, 10-15 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese. Remove from heat; let stand until cheese is melted.
2 cups: 470 calories, 24g fat (11g saturated fat), 98mg cholesterol, 749mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 4g fiber), 32g protein.