- 1 quart apple juice
- 1 package (1-3/4 ounces) powdered fruit pectin
- 2 tablespoons bottled lemon juice
- 3 to 6 drops red food coloring, optional
- 5-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a Dutch oven, combine the apple juice, pectin, lemon juice and food coloring if desired. Bring to a full rolling boil, stirring constantly. Quickly stir in sugar; return to a full rolling boil. Boil for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from the heat; skim off foam. Stir in cinnamon. Carefully ladle hot mixture into hot sterilized jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Remove air bubbles; wipe rims and adjust lids. Process for 5 minutes in a boiling-water canner.
Canning Altitude Jam-JellyThe processing time listed is for altitudes of 1,000 feet or less. Add 1 minute to the processing time for each 1,000 feet of additional altitude.
1 each: 90 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.