- 6 cups torn leaf lettuce
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 3 bacon strips, diced
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2-1/4 teaspoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 hard-boiled large egg, sliced
- In a large salad bowl, combine the lettuce and onion; set aside.
- Place bacon on a microwave-safe plate lined with paper towels. Cover with another paper towel; microwave on high for 5-7 minutes or until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove bacon to paper towels.
- In a small microwave-safe dish, combine 1-1/2 teaspoons bacon drippings, vinegar, sugar and water. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 45 seconds or until sugar is dissolved; stir until smooth.
- Pour over lettuce; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Add bacon and egg; toss to coat.
1 serving: 95 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 43mg cholesterol, 98mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.