Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cayenne pepper
- 1 Italian turkey sausage link, casing removed
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (15 ounces) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons sherry, optional
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- Spoon cheese into 6 mounds 3 in. apart on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Spread into 1-1/2-in. circles. Sprinkle with a dash of cayenne. Bake at 400° for 5-6 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool.
- In a large saucepan, cook sausage and onion in oil over medium heat until meat is no longer pink, breaking it into crumbles; drain. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same pan, saute garlic for 1 minute or until tender. Stir in the beans, broth, cream, sherry if desired, parsley, salt, thyme and a dash of cayenne. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 12-15 minutes or until heated through. Cool slightly.
- Transfer to a blender; cover and process on high until almost blended. Pour into soup bowls; sprinkle with sausage mixture and Parmesan crisps.
1 cup: 425 calories, 22g fat (10g saturated fat), 82mg cholesterol, 1218mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 8g fiber), 23g protein.