- 2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 envelopes chili seasoning mix
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chiles, undrained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 cups corn chips
- Optional: Sour cream, minced fresh cilantro and additional chopped onion
- In a large skillet, cook turkey and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink, 8-10 minutes, breaking it into crumbles; stir in chili seasoning. Transfer to a 3- or 4-qt. slow cooker. Pour tomatoes and tomato sauce over turkey.
- Cook, covered, on low 2-3 hours or until heated through. Stir turkey mixture to combine. Top with beans. Sprinkle with cheese. Cook, covered, 5-10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Top with chips. If desired, serve with sour cream, minced cilantro and additional onion.
1-1/3 cups: 524 calories, 26g fat (8g saturated fat), 118mg cholesterol, 1662mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 6g fiber), 41g protein.