- 2 to 3 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Pinch allspice
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- In a bowl, combine the first 6 ingredients. Add turkey; mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into 6 patties.
- Lightly coat a skillet with cooking spray. Cook patties over medium heat until browned on both sides and the meat is no longer pink, 15-20 minutes.
1 patty: 117 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 60mg cholesterol, 71mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 13g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat.