- 1-1/2 cups chunky salsa
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons unsalted peanuts, divided
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon baking cocoa
- 1 package (20 ounces) turkey breast tenderloins, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- In a food processor, combine the salsa, 1/4 cup peanuts, chipotle pepper, lime juice and cocoa; cover and process until blended.
- In a large skillet, cook turkey in oil over medium heat until no longer pink, 6-8 minutes. Add broth and salsa mixture. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Serve with rice; sprinkle with cilantro and remaining nuts.
1 each: 393 calories, 12g fat (2g saturated fat), 69mg cholesterol, 514mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 39g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 2 fat, 1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable.