- 1 cup fat-free cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup unsalted sunflower kernels, optional
- In a blender, combine the cheeses, milk, dill and pepper. Process until smooth. Transfer to a small bowl. Stir in carrots. Cover and chill. Just before serving, stir in the sunflower kernels if desired.
2 tablespoons: 41 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 0 sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 meat.