- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium carrot, diced
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (13.66 ounces) light coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon red curry paste
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup frozen shelled edamame, thawed
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 green onion, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- Fresh cilantro leaves
- Dry roasted peanuts
- In a large saucepan, heat sesame oil over medium heat. Add chicken, carrot and celery; cook and stir until vegetables are slightly softened, 3-4 minutes. Add ginger and garlic; cook 1 minute more.
- Stir in tomatoes, coconut milk, curry paste, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 10 minutes. Add edamame; cook 5 minutes more. Stir in spinach, green onion and lemon zest until spinach wilts. Remove from heat; top with cilantro and peanuts.
Test Kitchen tips
1-1/3 cups: 270 calories, 16g fat (6g saturated fat), 50mg cholesterol, 635mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 4g fiber), 18g protein.