- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 2 tubes (12 ounces each) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1 can (15 ounces) chili con carne
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- Salsa and sour cream, optional
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink, breaking it into crumbles; drain. Stir in water and taco seasoning. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Meanwhile, quarter the biscuits; place in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Layer with beef mixture, chili and cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until cheese is melted and biscuits are golden brown. Serve with salsa and sour cream if desired.
1 serving: 481 calories, 23g fat (10g saturated fat), 64mg cholesterol, 1487mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 24g protein.