- 6 bone-in chicken thighs (about 2-1/4 pounds)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 jars (4-1/2 ounces each) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1-1/2 cups frozen sugar snap peas, thawed
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into strips
- 1/2 cup canned bamboo shoots
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple tidbits
- 7-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Hot cooked rice noodles
- In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil; drain. Add broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms, peas, red pepper, bamboo shoots and onions. Cover and cook 5-10 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 180° and vegetables are tender.
- Meanwhile, drain pineapple, reserving juice; set pineapple aside. In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, reserved juice, vinegar, soy sauce and sugar. Pour into the skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in pineapple; heat through. Serve with noodles.
1 each: 348 calories, 15g fat (4g saturated fat), 82mg cholesterol, 775mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 3g fiber), 26g protein.