- 2 large uncooked sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Pinch pepper
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Minced fresh thyme, optional
- Place potatoes in a greased 8-in. square baking dish. In a bowl, beat egg. Add cream, salt, nutmeg and pepper; mix well. Pour over potatoes; sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 375° until the potatoes are tender, 40-45 minutes. If desired, top with fresh thyme to serve.
1 serving: 412 calories, 31g fat (19g saturated fat), 124mg cholesterol, 385mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein.