- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen leaf spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced fully cooked ham
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a bowl, lightly beat the eggs; add bread crumbs, ketchup, milk, 1/2 teaspoon salt, pepper and oregano. Add beef and mix lightly but thoroughly.
- On a large piece of heavy-duty foil, pat beef mixture into a 12x10-in. rectangle. Cover with spinach to within 1/2-in. of edges. Sprinkle with remaining salt. Top with ham and 1-1/2 cups cheese. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a short side and peeling foil away while rolling. Seal seam and ends; place with seam side down in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan.
- Bake, uncovered, 1 hour and 10 minutes. Top with remaining cheese; bake until cheese is melted, about 5 minutes longer.
Can you freeze Spinach Meat Roll?
Securely wrap and freeze cooled meat roll in foil. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Unwrap meat roll; reheat on a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan in a preheated 350° oven until heated through and a thermometer inserted in center reads 165°.
1 piece: 414 calories, 23g fat (10g saturated fat), 161mg cholesterol, 1029mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 37g protein.