- 1 can (16 ounces) pear halves
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Drain pears, reserving syrup; set the pears aside. In a small saucepan, combine the syrup, brown sugar, nutmeg and cinnamon. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Add pears and simmer for about 5 minutes more or until heated through.
1 cup: 156 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 13mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (35g sugars, 2g fiber), 0 protein.