- 4-1/2 cups uncooked whole wheat spiral pasta
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 3/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh dill
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in flour until blended; gradually add broth and milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Add the spinach, Parmesan cheese, cream cheese, lemon juice, dill, nutmeg, salt and cayenne; heat through. Drain pasta, reserving 1 cup liquid. Toss pasta with spinach mixture, adding some of the reserved pasta liquid if needed. Sprinkle with feta cheese.
1-1/2 cups: 435 calories, 12g fat (6g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 667mg sodium, 61g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 11g fiber), 23g protein.