- 1/3 cup plus 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons each salt, pepper, paprika and ground mustard
- 3 pounds beef top round steak, cut into serving-size pieces
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1-1/2 cups sour cream
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- Additional paprika, optional
- In a shallow bowl, combine 1/3 cup flour, salt, pepper, paprika and ground mustard; dredge the steak.
- In a large skillet, heat oil and butter. Cook steak on both sides until browned. Carefully add water; cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine the sour cream, onion, garlic, soy sauce, brown sugar and remaining flour; stir until smooth. Transfer steaks to a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish; add sour cream mixture.
- Cover and bake at 325° for 1-1/2 hours or until tender. Sprinkle with paprika if desired.