- 2 small carrots, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 celery rib, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 cup cut fresh green beans (2-inch pieces)
- 2 small red potatoes, halved
- 2 bone-in chicken breast halves (7 ounces each), skin removed
- 2 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 3/4 cup hot water
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- Pinch pepper
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, layer the first 7 ingredients in the order listed. Combine the water, bouillon, salt, thyme, basil and pepper; pour over the top. Do not stir.
- Cover and cook on low until vegetables are tender and a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 170°, 6-8 hours. Remove chicken and vegetables. Thicken cooking juices for gravy if desired.
1 serving: 304 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 94mg cholesterol, 927mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 5g fiber), 37g protein.