- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 4 teaspoons Creole seasoning, divided
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped celery
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 24 English cucumber slices
- 24 peeled and deveined cooked medium shrimp
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- For cocktail sauce, in a small bowl, combine the ketchup, 2 teaspoons Creole seasoning, onion, green pepper, celery and pepper sauce. In another bowl, combine cream cheese and remaining Creole seasoning.
- Spread or pipe cream cheese mixture onto cucumber slices. Top each with a shrimp and cocktail sauce. Sprinkle with parsley.
Creole SeasoningIf you don’t have Creole seasoning in your cupboard, you can make your own using 1/4 tsp. each salt, garlic powder and paprika; and a pinch each of dried thyme, ground cumin and cayenne pepper.
1 canape: 50 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 218mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.