- 1 package (16 ounces) fettuccine
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 3 medium onions, halved and thinly sliced (about 3 cups)
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 pounds uncooked shrimp (26-30 per pound), peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- In a 6-qt. stockpot, cook fettuccine according to package directions. Drain; return to pot.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Add onions; cook and stir 8-10 minutes or until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in flour, salt and pepper until blended; gradually stir in cream. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir 2-4 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in shrimp, lemon zest and lemon juice; cook 3-4 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Stir in cheese and parsley. Add to fettuccine; toss to combine.
1-1/2 cups: 503 calories, 20g fat (11g saturated fat), 192mg cholesterol, 738mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 31g protein.