- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon each salt, pepper, paprika and garlic powder
- 1-1/2 pounds beef flank steak
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Preheat oven to 400°. In small bowl, combine rosemary and spices; set aside.
- Place steak on 1 side of a 15x10x1-in. baking pan; place asparagus on remaining side in a single layer. Brush steak with oil and sprinkle with seasoning mix. Combine butter and garlic, pour over asparagus.
- Cover with foil; bake until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°, medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°), 25-30 minutes. Let steak stand 5-10 minutes before slicing. Serve with asparagus.
Sheet Pan Steak Tips
What other kinds of steak can you use to make sheet pan steak?Flank steak is a lean cut, so don’t use a cut that requires low-and-slow cooking or one that’s perfect for just high-heat grilling. Try skirt steak, flap steak, bavette or flat iron steak. For more info on the different types of steak and the best way to cook each, see our guide.
What other vegetables can you make with sheet pan steak?Beef and asparagus are a classic combination, but do you know what else is? Beef and potatoes! Cube or cut them into wedges. Roast a head of garlic and smear it on bread as a delectable side. Mushrooms, peppers (think poblanos!), red onions, broccoli, Brussels sprouts or anything else you can cook on a sheet pan would be a nice addition to this meal. Keep in mind that different vegetables will cook for different lengths of time. Refer to our guide to roasting vegetables
How do you store sheet pan steak?To store leftovers, wrap the steak in foil and place the vegetables in an airtight container. Both will last in the refrigerator for up to five days. To reheat leftover steak, you can pick your method—oven, stovetop or microwave.
—Hazel Wheaton, Taste of Home Book Editor
5 ounces cooked beef with 8 asparagus spears: 380 calories, 25g fat (10g saturated fat), 96mg cholesterol, 448mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 34g protein.