Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 large eggs
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter and water until smooth. Gradually beat in flour until blended. Shape into a ball, then flatten into a disk. Wrap in plastic; refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the cheese and 1 egg. On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 3-in. round cookie cutter. Place 1 teaspoon of filling on one side of each circle. Moisten edges; fold dough over filling and press edges together firmly with a fork to seal.
- Place on greased baking sheets. Beat remaining egg; brush over turnovers. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers.