Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2-1/2 cups crispy chow mein noodles (about 6 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 10 small apples
- 10 wooden pop sticks
- 10 Nutter Butter cookies, halved crosswise
- 2 packages (14 ounces each) caramels, unwrapped
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- Assorted candies and decorations: Mega and milk chocolate M&M's, black shoestring licorice, miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, mix sugar and cinnamon. Place noodles in a large bowl. Drizzle with butter and sprinkle with sugar mixture; toss to coat. Spread in a parchment paper-lined 15x10-in. baking pan. Bake 12-15 minutes or until golden brown, stirring once. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- Remove and discard stems from apples; insert pop sticks into tops. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. For feet, arrange ten pairs of cookie halves on parchment paper.
- Place caramels and milk in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave, covered, on high for 3 minutes, stirring once. Cool slightly. Dip each apple in caramel mixture, allowing excess to drip off. Immediately press chow mein noodles over top and back of apple; place apple on a pair of cookies. Decorate as desired.