- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage, cooked and drained
- 1-1/2 cups pancake syrup
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda. In another bowl, beat the eggs, milk and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in sausage.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a lightly greased hot griddle;
- turn when bubbles form on top. Cook until second side is golden brown. Serve with syrup.
3 each: 602 calories, 21g fat (7g saturated fat), 101mg cholesterol, 1110mg sodium, 89g carbohydrate (37g sugars, 1g fiber), 14g protein.