- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 2 large sweet red peppers, finely chopped
- 3 jalapeno peppers, finely chopped
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Tortilla chips
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking it into crumbles; drain.
- Place red peppers, jalapenos and sausage in a 3-qt. slow cooker; add milk. Cook, covered, on low 5-6 hours or until peppers are tender.
- Stir in cheeses. Cook, covered, on low 30 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Serve with tortilla chips.
Peppers (Hot)Wear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
1/4 cup (calculated without chips): 137 calories, 12g fat (6g saturated fat), 33mg cholesterol, 211mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 5g protein.