- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 package (6 ounces) four-cheese corkscrew pasta mix
- 2 cups salsa
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Sour cream, optional
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; crumble meat; drain. Stir in the pasta, contents of seasoning packet, salsa, water, chili powder, salt and cayenne.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until pasta is tender, about 15 minutes, adding more water if necessary. Stir in tomatoes; sprinkle with olives and cheese. Cover and simmer until heated through, 3-4 minutes. Serve with sour cream if desired.
1-1/4 cups: 287 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 49mg cholesterol, 1061mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 19g protein.