- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 large sweet onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 jars (12 ounces each) beef gravy
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen fully cooked homestyle meatballs, thawed
- Hot cooked egg noodles
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion and brown sugar; cook and stir until onion is tender 6-8 minutes. Add gravy and meatballs. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until meatballs are heated through, stirring occasionally, 4-6 minutes. Serve with noodles and if desired, parsley.
Salisbury Steak Meatballs Tips
How can you make your own meatballs for this recipe?If you'd rather make your own meatballs, just follow this easy guide on how to make baked meatballs. The simple comfort food takes just 30 minutes to make from scratch!
What else can you add to Salisbury steak meatballs?Give your meatball dish a little extra texture and flavor by mixing in mushrooms and Worcestershire sauce to the sauce. Mustard also works, too.
How else can you serve Salisbury steak meatballs?In addition to pasta, you can also serve Salisbury steak meatballs over rice or creamy mashed potatoes.
—Christina Herbst, Taste of Home Assistant Digital Editor
1 cup: 461 calories, 32g fat (16g saturated fat), 72mg cholesterol, 1587mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 2g fiber), 16g protein.