- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 boneless pork shoulder butt roast (1 to 2 pounds)
- 4 cups Faygo Rock & Rye soda or cherry vanilla cream soda
- 1 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons steak sauce
- 2 tablespoons liquid smoke
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 8 hamburger buns, split
- Preheat oven to 300°. Combine garlic salt, paprika and pepper; rub over roast. Place in an ovenproof Dutch oven; add soda. Bake, covered, until pork is tender, 2 to 2-1/4 hours.
- Remove roast; shred with 2 forks. Skim fat from cooking juices. Return 1 cup juices to Dutch oven. Add ketchup, steak sauce, liquid smoke, brown sugar and vinegar. Bring to a boil; cook for 5 minutes. Return meat to pan; heat through. Adjust with additional cooking juices as desired. Serve on hamburger buns.
Can you freeze Rock N Rye Pork Roast Sandwiches?
Freeze cooled meat mixture and juices / sauce in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally; add water if necessary.
1 sandwich: 273 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 864mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 1g fiber), 14g protein.