- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 4 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons reduced-sodium seafood seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 garlic clove, sliced
- Dash crushed red pepper flakes
- 10 cups fresh baby spinach (about 10 ounces)
- 6 small tomatoes, seeded and cut into 1/2-in. pieces
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 450°. Rub 1 teaspoon oil over both sides of salmon; sprinkle with seafood seasoning and pepper. Place in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan; roast until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork, 10-12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place remaining 2 teaspoons oil, garlic and pepper flakes in a 6-qt. stockpot; heat over medium-low heat until garlic is softened, 3-4 minutes. Increase heat to medium-high. Add spinach; cook and stir until wilted, 3-4 minutes. Stir in tomatoes; heat through. Divide among 4 serving dishes.
- In a small saucepan, bring vinegar to a boil. Cook until vinegar is reduced by half, 2-3 minutes. Immediately remove from heat.
- To serve, place salmon over spinach mixture. Drizzle with balsamic glaze.
1 serving: 348 calories, 19g fat (4g saturated fat), 85mg cholesterol, 333mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 2g fiber), 31g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1 fat.