- 1 pound ground beef
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh carrots
- 3/4 cup sliced onion
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 package (3 ounces) beef ramen noodles
- In a large cast-iron or other heavy skillet, cook beef, carrots and onion over medium heat until beef is no longer pink and carrots are crisp-tender, 7-9 minutes, crumbling beef; drain.
- Add water, cabbage, mushrooms, green pepper, soy sauce and contents of seasoning packet from noodles. Break noodles into small pieces; add to pan. Cover and cook until liquid is absorbed and noodles are tender, 8-10 minutes.
1-1/2 cups: 379 calories, 18g fat (8g saturated fat), 86mg cholesterol, 1202mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 29g protein.