- 2 pounds bulk pork sausage
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons pepper
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 2 cans (5 ounces each) evaporated milk
- Cooked biscuits
- In a Dutch oven, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles (do not drain), 8-10 minutes. Add flour, pepper, sugar and salt; cook and stir until blended, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in milks; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until thickened, 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve with biscuits.
3/4 cup: 446 calories, 34g fat (12g saturated fat), 93mg cholesterol, 1075mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 0 fiber), 20g protein.