- 1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup canola oil
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 24 candy pumpkins
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease a 15x10x1-in. pan.
- Beat together first four ingredients. In another bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and spices; gradually beat into pumpkin mixture.
- Transfer to prepared pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 20-25 minutes. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- For frosting, beat butter, cream cheese and vanilla until smooth. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar. Spread over cake. If desired, top with candy pumpkins. Refrigerate leftovers.
1 piece: 346 calories, 17g fat (5g saturated fat), 48mg cholesterol, 184mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (37g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.