- 1 large egg white
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 teaspoons packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons aniseed
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup canned pumpkin pie mix
- 1 large egg yolk, room temperature, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped pecans, toasted
- 2 sheets refrigerated pie crust
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a small bowl, whisk egg white and vanilla; set aside. In another small bowl, combine brown sugar, aniseed, cinnamon and nutmeg; set aside.
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese and pie mix until smooth. Add egg yolk; beat on low speed just until blended. Stir in pecans.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll each crust to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 3-in. round biscuit cutter. Place circles 2 in. apart on parchment-lined baking sheets. Place 1 teaspoon filling on 1 side of each circle. Brush edges of crust with egg white mixture; fold circles in half. With a fork, press edges to seal. Brush with egg white mixture and sprinkle with spice mixture. Bake until golden brown, 15-20 minutes.
Can you freeze Pumpkin Cheesecake Empanadas?
Cover and freeze unbaked empanadas on parchment-lined baking sheets until firm. Transfer to a freezer container; return to freezer. To use, bake empanadas as directed.
1 empanada: 69 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 56mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.