- 4 large navel oranges, sliced
- 4 Cornish game hens (20 to 24 ounces each), split lengthwise
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (15 ounces) plums, pitted, drained
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup thawed lemonade concentrate
- 1/3 cup chili sauce
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut, toasted, optional
- Arrange orange slices in two greased 13x9-in. baking dishes. Top with game hens; sprinkle with pepper. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place plums in a food processor; cover and process until smooth. Set aside. In a large skillet, saute onion in butter until tender; stir in lemonade concentrate, chili sauce, soy sauce, mustard, ginger, Worcestershire sauce and plums. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Set 1 cup of sauce aside. Spoon remaining sauce over hens.
- Bake 30-45 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 180°, basting occasionally with pan drippings. Sprinkle with coconut if desired. Serve with reserved plum sauce.
1 hen: 1089 calories, 61g fat (21g saturated fat), 381mg cholesterol, 1184mg sodium, 73g carbohydrate (61g sugars, 6g fiber), 63g protein.