Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 1 cup pine nuts, toasted and cooled
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon amaretto
- Preheat oven to 400°. Place pine nuts and 1/4 cup flour in a food processor. Pulse until pine nuts are finely chopped. In a large bowl, cream butter, 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar and salt until light and fluffy. Beat in amaretto. Gradually beat in remaining flour and pine nut mixture.
- Shape dough into 1-in. balls; place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 6-8 minutes or until set. Cool on pans 2 minutes.
- Roll warm cookies in remaining confectioners' sugar. Cool on wire racks. When cooled, reroll cookies in confectioners' sugar.
Freeze option: Freeze undecorated cookies, layered between waxed paper, in freezer containers. To use, thaw before serving. Roll cookies in confectioners' sugar.