Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened, divided
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 medium apple, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 medium pear, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease a 13x9-in. baking pan. In a large bowl, cream 1/2 cup butter and the sugar until light and fluffy, 5-7 minutes. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream, beating well after each addition. Fold in apple and pear. Transfer to prepared pan.
- For topping, combine brown sugar, remaining 2 tablespoons butter and the cinnamon in a small bowl; mix with a fork until crumbly. Stir in nuts. Sprinkle over batter. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 30-35 minutes. Cool slightly in pan on a wire rack.
1 piece: 395 calories, 18g fat (9g saturated fat), 61mg cholesterol, 269mg sodium, 56g carbohydrate (38g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.