- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup crushed Ritz crackers (about 10 crackers)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tilapia fillets (5 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Lemon wedges
- Place flour and egg in separate shallow bowls. In another shallow bowl, combine the crackers, cheese and salt. Dip fillets in the flour, then egg, then cracker mixture; turn until coated.
- In a large cast-iron or other heavy skillet, cook fillets in oil over medium heat until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork. Serve with lemon wedges.
1 fillet: 287 calories, 13g fat (3g saturated fat), 125mg cholesterol, 440mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 31g protein.