- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 12 slices bread
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- 6 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small saucepan, bring the brown sugar, butter and corn syrup to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with six slices of bread. Combine sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon; sprinkle half over the bread. Place remaining bread on top. Sprinkle with remaining cinnamon-sugar; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, vanilla and remaining cinnamon. Pour over bread. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes.
2 each: 571 calories, 24g fat (13g saturated fat), 262mg cholesterol, 539mg sodium, 78g carbohydrate (53g sugars, 1g fiber), 13g protein.