- 4 pounds pork spareribs
- 2 medium oranges
- 1 bottle (28 ounces) barbecue sauce
- 1 cup coarsely chopped onion
- 2/3 to 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Place ribs in two foil-lined 15x10x1-in. baking pans. Bake at 325° for 2 hours; drain. Cut into serving size portions.
- Place ribs in an ungreased 13x9-in. baking dish. Squeeze oranges, reserving 1/2 cup juice and the peel. Combine the juice, barbecue sauce, onion, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, pepper sauce and cayenne. Cut orange peel into large chunks and add to sauce; pour sauce over ribs.
- Bake, uncovered, for 30-45 minutes or until ribs are tender and sauce is thickened, turning ribs several times to coat with sauce. Discard orange peel.
16 ounce-weight: 777 calories, 45g fat (16g saturated fat), 170mg cholesterol, 1259mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (44g sugars, 2g fiber), 44g protein.