Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 1-1/4 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup white baking chips
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pulse oats in a food processor until finely ground; set aside. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a 1-qt. glass jar, layer oats, flour mixture, chips, almonds, coconut, brown sugar and granulated sugar, packing well between each layer. Cover and store in a cool, dry place for up to 6 months. Yield: 1 batch (about 4 cups total).
- To prepare cookies: Preheat oven to 375°. Cream butter until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Add cookie mixture; blend well (mixture will be dry). Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake until lightly browned, 10-15 minutes. Cool 2 minutes before removing to wire racks.
2 each: 260 calories, 13g fat (7g saturated fat), 33mg cholesterol, 178mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.