- Cupcakes of your choice
- 1 can (16 ounces) chocolate frosting
- Pastry tipbasket weave tip #48
- 1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting
- Candy eyes
- Frost cupcakes with chocolate frosting.
- Insert tip #48 into a pastry bag; fill with vanilla frosting. Pipe long bands across each cupcake, leaving a small gap for the eyes. Attach two eyes per cupcake.
Mummy Cupcakes Tips
How do I make the chocolate cupcakes, vanilla frosting and chocolate frosting for these mummy cupcakes?
To make everything from scratch, follow our recipes for easy chocolate cupcakes, chocolate frosting and vanilla frosting.
Can you decorate mummy cupcakes without a special frosting tip?
Yes! You don't need a piping bag to decorate these cupcakes. Instead, you can frost cupcakes with a Ziploc bag.
Are there other ways to make the eyes for mummy cupcakes?If you can't find candy eyes, you can also make your own homemade mummy eyes with two dots of vanilla frosting and either a chocolate chip or M&M in the middle. (These cake eyeballs are another cute googly-eyed snack.)
—Christina Herbst, Taste of Home Assistant Digital Editor