Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 1 container (6 ounces) plain yogurt, divided
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- CHICKEN SLIDERS:
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons ras el hanout (Moroccan seasoning)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons coarsely ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 miniature pita pockets, halved and warmed
- 8 red leaf lettuce leaves
- 8 slices tomato
- In a small bowl, stir together 2/3 cup yogurt, mustard and zests. Refrigerate until serving.
- In a large bowl, combine remaining 2 tablespoons yogurt, mint, garlic, ras el hanout, pepper, cumin and salt. Crumble chicken into bowl; mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into 8 1/2-in.-thick patties; press small indention in middle of each patty.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add patties; cook until golden brown and no longer pink, 4-5 minutes on each side. Serve patties inside pita pocket with sauce, lettuce and tomato.
1 slider: 173 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 40mg cholesterol, 456mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 12g protein.