- 2-3/4 cups water, divided
- 4 black tea bags
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 cups fresh tangerine juice (about 12 tangerines)
- Ice cubes
- Tangerine slices and mint sprigs, optional
- In a small saucepan, bring 2 cups water to a boil. Remove from the heat; add tea bags. Steep for 3-5 minutes. Discard tea bags; cool tea slightly.
- In another saucepan, combine remaining water and sugar; bring to a boil. Cook and stir until sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat; cool slightly.
- Transfer tea and sugar syrup to a large pitcher; stir in tangerine juice. Refrigerate until chilled.
- Serve over ice; add tangerine slices and mint if desired.
1 cup: 182 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (46g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.