Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 to 6 drops green food coloring, optional
- 1 package (10 ounces) mint chocolate chips
- Lightly grease baking sheets or line with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat egg whites until foamy. Add cream of tartar, beating until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, until stiff peaks form. Beat in vanilla and food coloring if desired. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto prepared baking sheets. Bake at 250° for 30-35 minutes or until dry to the touch. Remove to wire racks to cool. Store in an airtight container.
Mint ChipsIf mint chocolate chips are not available, place 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips and 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract in a plastic bag; seal and toss to coat. Allow chips to stand for 24-48 hours.
2 each: 134 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 7mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 1g fiber), 0 protein.