- 1 cup uncooked tricolor spiral pasta
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons prepared pesto
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup canned white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh corn
- 2 tablespoons sliced celery
- 2 tablespoons diced red onion
- 2 tablespoons diced carrot
- 2 tablespoons roasted sweet red peppers, diced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 cups Italian-blend salad greens
- 8 peeled and deveined cooked large shrimp
- Grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, oil, pesto, garlic, salt and pepper. Rinse pasta with cold water; drain.
- In a large bowl, combine the pasta, beans, tomato, corn, celery, onion, carrot, red peppers, parsley and dressing. Divide salad greens between 2 plates; top with pasta mixture and shrimp. If desired, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
1 each: 535 calories, 23g fat (4g saturated fat), 48mg cholesterol, 719mg sodium, 63g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 10g fiber), 21g protein.