- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 package (32 ounces) frozen cubed hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 can (10 ounces) enchilada sauce
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chiles
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Reduced-fat sour cream, optional
- In a large skillet, cook the turkey, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add the hash browns, enchilada sauce, tomato sauce, chiles and taco seasoning; heat through.
- Transfer to a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Cover and bake at 375° for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese; bake, uncovered, 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Serve with sour cream if desired.
1-1/3 cups: 330 calories, 12g fat (6g saturated fat), 80mg cholesterol, 799mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 4g fiber), 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1 fat.