- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup canned diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 cup crushed tortilla chips
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 2 tablespoons diced onion
- 2 tablespoons diced ripe avocado
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a bowl, combine the first 9 ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well.
- Shape into two loaves; place in an ungreased 8-in. square baking dish. Bake until meat is no longer pink and a thermometer reads 160°, 30-40 minutes.
Mexican Meat Loaf Tips
Can you use chorizo in place of some of the ground beef in Mexican meat loaf?
Yes, you can use crumbled chorizo instead of ground beef! Have some leftovers? Use it up in these delicious chorizo recipes.
How can you make Mexican meat loaf spicier?
Add a little more taco seasoning or diced jalapeno to make it spicier. Swapping the ground beef for crumbled chorizo will add some kick.
What can you serve with Mexican meat loaf?
Serve this Mexican meat loaf with sour cream and fresh avocado slices. You could also pair it with these popular meat loaf sides or these potato dishes.
How do you store Mexican meat loaf?
Like other meat loaf recipes, you can store this Mexican meat loaf for up to three to four days in an airtight container in the fridge. Once you're ready to enjoy, you can reheat it like this traditional meat loaf recipe. Reheat at 350°F until a thermometer reads 165°F internally.
—Christina Herbst, Taste of Home Assistant Digital Editor