- 2/3 cup cider vinegar
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 pound fresh petite carrots
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 1/2 pound medium fresh mushrooms, halved
- 4 celery ribs, sliced diagonally
- 1 cup (6 ounces) pitted ripe olives, drained
- In a small saucepan, combine the first 7 ingredients; bring to a boil. Simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes. Meanwhile, in a large nonreactive bowl, combine remaining ingredients.
- Pour hot marinade over vegetables; stir to coat. Refrigerate, covered, 3-4 hours, stirring occasionally to allow flavors to blend.
2/3 cup: 156 calories, 13g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 206mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic exchanges: 2-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable.